Sunday, June 8, 2014

Help Me!

(photo credit: kikn.com)

"In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self." (Psalm 138:3, Amplified Version) 

"Help me!"

Sometimes that is all the prayer we can muster.  Prayers tend not to sound pretty when we are knee (or maybe neck) deep in the struggles of life.

This verse is a reminder of a profound truth: Sometimes God rescues us FROM circumstances; sometimes He strengthens us IN circumstances.

We would almost always prefer the former.  The latter has a longer lasting impact.  I am grateful to have experienced the former.  My life has been shaped by the latter.

God chooses how He responds to our prayers.  He wants us to openly offer them.

Question:  Can you think of a time God has rescued you?  Can you think of a time He has strengthened you?

Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment