Thursday, December 19, 2013

Focused Faithfulness

(Photo credit: masstransmit.com)

Earlier this morning I posted this quote from Oswald Chambers: "People want the blessing of God, but they can’t stand something that pierces right through to the heart of the matter.”

Sometimes we don't realize that the thing that is keeping God from blessing us is ... us.


I'm not talking about a lack of faith. That's the message of the "prosperity gospel". 

I'm not talking about a lack of good works. That's the message of legalism.

I'm talking about a lack of focused faithfulness. I'm talking about the difference between doing our own thing and hoping that God will drop some blessings on us OR allowing Him to take His rightful place at the center of our lives. There is no greater blessing than knowing that we are walking in step with Him and that He is calibrating our lives to His purpose.

Question: What do you need to do today to refocus?


Please leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment