Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ah, Perspective!

(photo credit: ourtuts.com)

"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonderful works which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us; no one can compare with You! If I should declare and speak of them, they are too many to be numbered." (Psalm 40:5, Amplified Bible)

It is easy to think about ways we feel slighted, things we have to complain about, things that irritate and disappoint us. If we were to begin listing those things, we would find ourselves becoming more and more dissatisfied and miserable.

But what if we began listing the ways God has blessed us? What if we began considering the disappointments and frustrations that have NOT come to us because of unseen blessings?

I remember a time over 25 years ago that I was on the edge of spiritual and emotional burnout. I went away for a couple of days to be alone with God. One of the things I did was to simply walk through the woods and thank God for every blessing I could think of. That walk lasted for hours.

That night, in the camper shell on the back of my truck, in a pouring rain, I wrote a song called "These are the Good Days." Ah, perspective!

Question: What kind of "perspective shift" do you need today?


Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear YOUR perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment