Monday, February 3, 2014

What's In Your Mouth?

(photo credit: catatanelis.wordpress.com)

"I WILL bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1, Amplified Bible)

I wrote somewhere else early this morning that a mouth filled with praise has less room for criticism (or a foot).

In continuing to ponder that thought, and the verse that inspired it, I have identified a few things to help us be sure that our words are God-honoring.

It begins with choice: I WILL.

It continues with consistency: at all times & continually.

It involves continuity of life: from how we live (bless The Lord at all times) to what we say (his praise continually in my mouth).

It originates in God: HIS praise (not only the praise OF Him, but the praise He inspires).

Question: How might our words be different today if we spoke out of that framework?


Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment