Saturday, February 8, 2014

How do I choose the right words?

(photo credit: brighttorchcommunication.com)

I said, “I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin;I will put a muzzle on my mouth while in the presence of the wicked.” (Psalm 39:1, New international Version)

Sometimes our best witness for Christ may be in what we do NOT say ... or tweet ... or post on Facebook.

However, silence should not necessarily be our last word (no pun intended). The Psalm continues:

"So I remained utterly silent, not even saying anything good. But my anguish increased; my heart grew hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue" (verses 2-3)

It is a very good thing to determine not to sin with our words, but to not even say anything good does not accomplish the purposes of God.

Let's pray today for wisdom, grace, and self-control as we speak and reveal the character of Jesus in each circumstance.

Question: What is your biggest challenge when it comes to your words (spoken or written)?


Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment