Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Living Sacrifice


                           
"Brothers and sisters, in light of all I have shared with you about God’s mercies, I urge you to offer your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice to God, a sacred offering that brings Him pleasure; this is your reasonable, essential worship. Do not allow this world to mold you in its own image. Instead, be transformed from the inside out by renewing your mind. As a result, you will be able to discern what God wills and whatever God finds good, pleasing, and complete." (Romans 12:1-2, The Voice)

How can we offer our bodies as a living sacrifice? Think through this prayer with me:

Lord Jesus,
Open my eyes to see You
Open my ears to hear You
Open my mind to know You
Open my heart to love You
I offer my hands to serve You
I offer my feet to follow You
I offer my lips to praise and proclaim You

How might our days be different if we came to The Lord with that attitude each morning?

How will You offer Yourself today?


No comments:

Post a Comment