Monday, November 25, 2013

I AM




God said to Moses, "I- AM- WHO- I- AM. Tell the People of Israel, 'I- AM sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14, The Message)

We who live in within the boundaries of time cannot fully comprehend that God is above time. He is I-AM--the eternal now. He does not look back to the past in memory. He is there. He does not look forward to the future with hope. He is there. This is, in the words of the psalmist, "so great that I cannot comprehend it." (Psalm 139:6)

Though we can't comprehend it, we can be shaped by it. Today, this present, is where we live and what we have. What will we do with it?

"The present moment holds infinite riches beyond your wildest dreams but you will only enjoy them to the extent of your faith and love. The more a soul loves, the more it longs, the more it hopes, the more it finds." (Jean-Pierre de Caussade, 1675-1751, The Sacrament of the Present)

How will you make the most of today?


Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment