Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Like Cats and Dogs

 
 (Photo credit:  Photobucket)
"I am not asking solely for their benefit; this prayer is also for all the believers who will follow them and hear them speak. Father, may they all be one as You are in Me and I am in You; may they be in Us, for by this unity the world will believe that You sent Me. All the glory You have given to Me, I pass on to them. May that glory unify them and make them one as We are one, I in them and You in Me, that they may be refined so that all will know that You sent Me, and You love them in the same way You love Me." (Jesus: John 17:20-23, The Voice)

Jesus prayed for the unity of His followers in all places and at all times. This unity is a strong evidence that Jesus's words were true and that He was indeed God in the flesh.

I am visiting my daughter and son-in-law in their home for a few days. I have been watching their kitten and puppy playing together. I commented last night that it was like watching the way my kids used to play together.

How in the world can a cat and a dog get along so well? Because they are growing up in the same family. They have common parents.

All Christ-followers have the same Father, no matter what label we claim. When we celebrate that and play well together, we show the world that our message is true. When we act out our sibling rivalries, we send a confusing message.

How can you play better with your siblings who wear a different label?
What do you think?  Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment