Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cooperating with God


(Photo Credit: OCLC Newsletter, June 2009)

"Today I am who I am because of God’s grace, and I have made sure that the grace He offered me has not been wasted. I have worked harder, longer, and smarter than all the rest; but I realize it is not me—it is God’s grace with me that has made the difference." (1 Corinthians 15:10, The Voice)

Henry Blackaby, in Experiencing God, said that God invites us to join Him in His work. Stan Nelson, one of my doctoral professors, talked about our calling to cooperate with God in what He is doing in the world. 

I thought of both of those statements as I read this morning's passage. (I guess that might be stating the obvious, since I wrote them here for you).

There is a wonderful cooperation between the grace of God and my hard work that makes me what I am. However, the indispensable part of the equation is the grace of God. Apart from God's grace, my work accomplishes nothing. Apart from my work, God is still God. He doesn't need me, but He wants to use me in accomplishing His purposes.

He also wants to use you. 

What will you do today to cooperate with the grace of God at work around you and in you?


I'd love to hear your ideas on how we can all cooperate better with God.  Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment