Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Don't Be a Big Mouth!

(Photo credit: Photo Bucket)
 
 "Have you ever met someone who is overly eager to talk? There is more hope for a fool than for him." (Proverbs 29:29, The Voice)

"Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry." (James 1:19, New Living Translation)

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood." (Stephen R. Covey, The Seven a Habits of Highly Effective People)

Why did God give us two ears and one mouth? Could it be that He intends for us to listen twice as much as we speak?

My father-in-law is one of the wisest men I know. He once said, "I've never learned much with my mouth open."

What can you do today to be sure that you understand before you speak?
Join the conversation by leaving a comment below.  What is one technique you use to be a good listener?

No comments:

Post a Comment