Thursday, March 6, 2014

Where's the Peace?

(photo credit: inspirationalstorytellers.com)

"You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You. So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages]." (Isaiah 26:3-4, Amplified Bible)

Isaiah 26:3 has long been one of my favorite "centering" verses. By that, I mean that it helps me not be swallowed up by external distractions and frustrations. I can come back to the Center of all reality, the Focus of all truth, the Source of all peace.

In "Throwback Thursday" fashion, I share my first memory of this verse: a song by Andrae Crouch and the Disicples.

This was early 1970's. Oh, my!





Question: What verse(s) are helpful in "centering" you?


Leave a comment and share your verses with our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment