Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Word of God, Speak ...

(photo credit: trochia.org)

"O True God, You are my God, the One whom I trust. I seek You with every fiber of my being. In this dry and weary land with no water in sight, my soul is dry and longs for You. My body aches for You, for Your presence. I have seen You in Your sanctuary and have been awed by Your power and glory. Your steadfast love is better than life itself, so my lips will give You all my praise. I will bless You with every breath of my life; I will lift up my hands in praise to Your name." (Psalm 63:1-4, The Voice)

Read those words again, slowly. If you are in a place where you can do so, read them aloud. 

Now, read them again, this time as your own prayer to God. Can you make the Psalmist's words your own? Is there any phrase that really resonates with your heart? Is there any phrase that pushes you out of your comfort zone?

Finally, ask God how He wants you to respond to Him in this moment.

Question: What was this experience like for you?


Leave a comment.  I'd love to hear your perspective. So would the rest of our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment