Saturday, March 1, 2014

We are not alone.

(photo credit: truthinscripture.com)

"Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." (1 Peter 5:7, Amplified Bible)

Nothing I read during my devotional time this morning really grabbed me. Perhaps you have times like that. When you do, let me encourage you not to rush away. Sit awhile longer in the presence of God.

As I sat and confessed the heaviness of my heart to God this morning, He reminded me of the verse in 1 Peter. I needed that. In just a few minutes, I will load one of our dogs in the truck to take her to the vet for the last time. I can't watch her suffering anymore.

Sometimes God's encouragement is simply a reminder that we are not alone.

Question: How will you give Him your anxieties today?


Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment