Monday, January 20, 2014

In Whom do you trust?

(Photo credit: michaelwarden.com)

"Many put their hope in chariots, others in horses,but we place our trust in the name of the Eternal One, our True God." (Psalm 20:7, The Voice)

I have often rested in this verse in times of crisis, distress, and confusion. I have preached it and written about in numerous times in my various writings. It's one of my "go to" verses.

At this moment, I am sitting in the waiting room of my dermatologist's office waiting for my annual checkup. I am remembering previous years when there was removal of pre-cancerous lesions in office. There was also a year when a basal cell carcinoma was discovered. That resulted in MOHS surgery and a really cool ear bandage.



(This was how I had to cover the bandage in the shower)

30 Minute Pause
I have seen the doctor and I am all clear this year! Now onto another doctor appointment and then a meeting to clarify some future direction on a church consultation.

The truth is that I need to trust in God for everything. I have some great resources and great networks, but none of those mean much if I start putting my trust in them. My "chariots" and "horses" could be education, experience, colleagues, intuition ...

It is only in the name (person, character) of the Lord that I can place complete trust.

Question: How will you focus your trust today?


Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment