Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pleasing God with our Words

(photo credit: thewordchef.com)

"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."  (Psalm 19:14, New International Version)

This is a bit of a follow-up from yesterday's thought when we talked about making a decision not to sin with our words.

It is a good thing to choose to avoid sinning. It is an even better thing to intentionally choose to please God. 

You see, we can strain really hard and keep those sinful and hurtful words in check while still having poisonous thoughts running though our minds. But this prayer asks God to change our MINDS and ATTITUDES, not just our WORDS. It also shifts the focus: from avoiding the bad to doing the good.

Question: How will you pray today regarding your thoughts and attitudes as well as your words?


Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment