Wednesday, April 23, 2014

How could we not praise Him?

(photo credit: phillipbrande.wordpress.com)

"So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding." (Ephesians 1:6-8, New Living Translation)

I am thinking this morning of the incredible grace and kindness of God. If you read yesterday's post, you know everything is not sunshine and daffodils in my world right now. Yet, I cannot escape the reality that I am a beneficiary of God's abundant grace and mercy. I am forgiven! I am free! I belong to Him! How could I not praise Him?

Your life may not be sunshine and daffodils right now either. Or maybe it is, but you know it will change. I once heard someone say that we have either just come out of a time of trial, are currently in one, or are about to enter another one.

None of those circumstances changes the character of God. His kindness and grace are the same. We either have the grace of deliverance or we have the grace of perseverance. And through it all, if we have trusted Christ for salvation, we never cease to belong to Him.

How could we not praise Him?

Question: what can you do today to focus on the kindness and grace of God in the middle of your circumstances?

Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment