Saturday, April 19, 2014

I am listening ...

(photo credit: voiceoverdarren.com)

"O True God of my every praise, do not keep silent!" (Psalm 109:1, The Voice Bible)

I recently read two books that have caused me to be more intentional about listening for the voice of God: "Hearing God" (Dallas Willard) & "Enjoying the Presence of God" (Jan Johnson).

Our world is full of noise. It is also full of voices. Who's got your ear? When you pray, who does the talking? When you read Scripture, do you ask God to speak? Is your ear dialed in to the voice of God in the midst of the cacophony of our culture?

I want to make this verse my prayer as I go through the day. I want to hear God in the middle of my activity, not just while I am on the back porch with my Bible in my lap.

Question: How can we dial in our ears to better hear the voice of God?

Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment