Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Leaning confidently

(photo credit: gunauction.com)

"He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is firmly fixed, trusting (leaning on and being confident) in the Lord." (Psalm 112:7, Amplified Bible)

I needed this verse this morning. It appears that my step-mother is headed for heaven in just a few days. I only use the term "step" to distinguish her from my mom. I could not love either of them any more than I already do. One is "Mom" and the other is "Thingy". There's plenty of love to go around.

God's purposes are not always clear. Mom is a 25 year cancer survivor. Thingy's cancer was diagnosed 7 months ago. Could God heal? Of course! Has He? Mom's temporary healing has lasted 25 years and continues. Thingy's permanent healing is just around the corner. That, my friends, is the reality of those whose hearts are firmly fixed.

Question: What keeps you from leaning confidently on the Lord?

Leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment